Wednesday 9 January 2013

Pearl Izumi Select Thermal Barrier Jacket


I got this Thermal Barrier Jacket long ago when looking for a waterproof jacket for the LBC Ride: Richmond to Oxford 2012. back in Sept 2012 This was before I even knew anything about layering and everything else about cycling clothing. I got it with a £20 discount as well as there was very small shop damage >:D  SCORE

The LBC Ride: Boxing Day Beano 2012 was the first time I had worn it and as one member put it "That jacket is nuclear" I thought it was fairly understated, don't you?>:D

  •  SELECT Thermal Fleece sets the benchmark in warmth and moisture transfer
  • Barrier layer on key areas provides resistance to wind and water
  • Back is non Barrier for added breathability
  • Full-length internal draft flap with zipper garage seals in warmth
  • Single rear zippered pocket with wiring port
  • Reflective elements for low-light visibility
  • Semi-Form Fit
  • CFM: 5
So not a true waterproof jacket as the back panel isn't waterproof, I may get myself the Altura Night Vision Evo Jacket or Altura Night Vision Jacket in the future.
I have to say when I wore it for the first time on the LBC Boxing Day Beano Ride with just a thermal top & T-Shirt and with the low temperature (46F) I never felt cold or the wind while riding.
So a big thumbs up from me. I will admit I was a little scared it wearing something so understated but I could get used to it.

--
~ B ~

No comments:

Post a Comment